Monday, April 23, 2007

Breaking: Boris Yeltsin, R.I.P.

From MSNBC:

Former President Boris Yeltsin, who engineered the final collapse of the Soviet Union and pushed Russia to embrace democracy and a market economy, has died, a Kremlin official said Monday. He was 76.


Obviously, there's more there (apparently, heart failure). Considering his age, I guess it wasn't that unexpected.

Also, I have no real idea how to react to this. I mean, his record (at least from my [American] perspective) was pretty mixed.

Maybe I'll have more later, after it sinks in and I've caught up with what I meant to post yesteday. (I *may* have time later today, dunno. For this piece of breaking news, I made time.)

Update: Not getting a lot of traction in the blogosphere that I see; even with residual VTech and Blue Angels reporting, it's pretty slow news-wise today. Dunno. I mean, yeah, my reaction was kind of a shrug-- and I presume that that's many others' reaction as well-- but it should be at least noted, yes?

No comments: