Friday, July 13, 2007

Don't Count Him Out Yet! Okay, I Did, and Still Do, But You're Not Me

Senator John McCain isn't the most popular Republican candidate (and has been having various campaign troubles), and for a lot of good reasons. Still:

Having breakfast in the Courtyard by Marriott in Concord with CNN's Candy Crowley when who should walk in the door but McCain himself, arriving to get ready for the afternoon speech in the hotel's ballroom. He walked over to the table to chat.

"Are you all alone?" [Washington bureau chief Susan Page] asked.

"I fired 'em all," McCain joked. (Not really. An aide who had been parking the car then arrived.)



Via USAToday and HotAir. The man laughs in the face of adversity, instead of avoidng the press or sulking or anything. I like that.

Would that he had better positions, but hey. He's better than the Democratic nominees, anyway. (I know, I know. Low bar.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not the most boring blog on the planet, but you may be the LAZIEST!

Some Guy said...

Yeah, I know.

Sorry.