Saturday, March 17, 2007

So I Saw 300.

I liked it. Much has been written about it-- so I see no need to belabor various points.

That said, it was impressive on a technical level, it was very much a Guy Movie, it was good versus evil, and had a lot of action.

It was bloody and grim, but had a few darkly humorous moments. It was violent and macho, but the heroes displayed romantic love, familial love, love of freedom, love of country, and love of one's way of life.

And, dude, the Persians were *freaks*, man!

3 comments:

Nice Deb said...

I haven't seen it, but my 17 year old son did, and he liked it, too.

Our movie theater was really strict about carding the teenagers who came to see that film. One of his friends wasn't 17 yet, but would turn 17 in a few days, and they refused to let him in. He had to watch something else.

Emily said...

I'm 17 and a half - I almost didn't get in, lol. However, I was with a big group of my friends and they were all over 18, so the lady was nice and let me in. The motivation for us girls seeing it was the 300 bronzed abs, and Gerard Butler, but the movie itself turned out to be pretty good as well.

(But I agree about freaky Persians. Lobster claw guy and flute-playing goat etc were kinda creepy...)

Some Guy said...

That's interesting-- I had assumed that it'd be a almost-exclusively guy movie, what with the violence and all.

But I've heard good reviews from women, too. I may have to rethink my movie contiuum of guy movies on one extreme and "chick flicks" on the other.